Sunday, March 20, 2016

March Favorites

Now that March is somewhat close to coming to it's end, I figured I might share some things I enjoyed this month with you guys. This will include music, random products, food and other stuff, that probably don't all go together, nor have anything to do with March but I thought I would share them anyways.

1. The Neighbourhood has become one of my favorite bands over the past few months. Although most of my friends think their music is depressing, I really like the music and the lyrics. It is alternative style or genre and if you like Saint Motel, Walk the Moon, or The 1975, The Neighbourhood is fairly similar. If you do listen to their music, make sure to check out the songs West Coast, $TING, Daddy Issues, and Sweater Weather.

Image courtesy of Mashable
2. Another band I've come to like is called Two Door Cinema Club. Their music is alternative as well, but a bit more up-beat and fun. I personally like the songs Sun, I Can Talk, Something Good Can Work (The Twelves Remix), and What You Know. Two Door Cinema Club's music is similar to music from bands like The Wombats, and Foster The People.

3. I'll Give You The Sun, by Jandy Nelson, is my new favorite book. It follows the story of twins Noah and Jude. I find it to be a very artistic book and I really enjoyed it. It switches perspectives about every chapter. When the twins are younger, around the age of thirteen, it is told from Noah's perspective. Then later on when the twins are sixteen it is told from Jude's perspective. For a more descriptive summary of the story you can check out this website. Overall, it was a very good book and I liked it a lot, so  I definitely recommend it.

4. I have been drawing a lot lately and about two months ago I purchased some Copic Markers, which are very high quality and super great for people who are serious about artwork. Although they are a bit expensive, I find them to work really well and hope to purchase more. You can find Copic Markers at Michael's for about seven dollars apiece, and they have a variety of colors ranging from skin tones to bright and bold ones.

5. So this is quite different from most everything else I've mentioned but lately I've really been liking "Chobani Flip" greek yogurt. Pretty much it's yogurt with a little compartment on the side that you flip over and dump into the yogurt (I am really bad at explaining this). They have a lot of different flavors and toppings but my personal favorites are key lime crumble, almond coco loco, and chocolate haze craze. You can see all the different flavors on Chobani's "Flip" website.

6. I've also recently been painting my nails a lot and have come to find some new favorite colors and brands of nail polish. One is Sally Hansen's Insta-Dry, Color Me Good nail polish. It is a light mint blue-green color and it's super cute. Another color I really like is To Buy Or Not To Buy, a light lavender color with a bit of shimmer from Essie. Last but not least I love the color Ithaque from NARS, which is similar to a baby pink shade.
So I hope you guys enjoyed my March favorites and I'll see you in my next post!
~Ariel

No comments:

Post a Comment