Thursday, March 17, 2016

My Not Very Exciting Events Of March!

This March, not much has happened in my life. Honestly not much happens regularly but every English class it was mentioned that we should write a blog post if anything interesting or exciting happens and no matter how many times I racked my brain for an interesting event that occurred there was nothing. That is until yesterday, when I finally convinced my parents to take me down to Heber to take my permit test. I have been repeatedly asking them since my birthday but always got the same excuse. Finally after about a month it actually happened, because just yesterday before the test I had been fifteen for about a month and 7 days and still had not even gone to take the test.

So right after school my parents picked me up and took me to the Drivers License Department and it was not very exciting, contrary to my parents beliefs. About every five minutes I caught my dad attempting to sneakily take a picture of me. After a while he finally stopped and then I took the permit test. I missed seven questions, so I barely even passed but luckily I did and the minute I was done taking it I had pretty much already forgotten the majority of the questions asked. My parents and another student coming to take the test had asked what it was like but somehow, I couldn't even remember the questions of a test I had taken just five minutes before. That's sort of sad, I mean come on Ariel... Really? This experience really was nothing special at all, but I am proud to say I can officially drive now... That is if there is an adult in the car with me, but that's besides the point. So as of March sixteenth I can now drive with someone over the age of eighteen, can't wait until I can drive by myself.

Picture of Miraculous Ladybug courtesy of TV Tropes
Not much else exciting has happened this March, but I have found my obsession with music by the band The Neighbourhood has grown, as well as my liking for a new animated show (Miraculous Ladybug, yes I do realize it is a children's show), but really neither of those things are very cool. Aside from those two events, I have also noticed how under-celebrated St. Patrick's Day is. Today I walked into school with a green floral headband and bright green sweater,
that I don't particularly even like, thinking other people would dress up in green attire, but really I saw very few people. Most teachers did not even wear green clothing. I was sort of disappointed this morning, but I just went with it. I still kind of regret wearing green clothing, but I mean what can you do?

As for any other exciting or memorable events, I have none. Overall March has been pretty boring, especially since there are no holidays other than St. Patrick's Day, there are no breaks from school, and next week the quarter is coming to an end, which means many many finals. Personally I am not looking forward to finals. Honestly I don't know anyone who ever is. With finals come lots of studying and stress, not that studying is a bad thing but stress isn't really a good thing. That being said, March has still been a great month, and due to it's lack of exciting events, it has been a pretty laid-back and relaxing month, which has been nice.

Anyways, hope everyone had a great St. Patrick's Day and enjoyed the blog post. See you again in the next post which will most likely be tomorrow!
~Ariel :)

No comments:

Post a Comment