Friday, April 15, 2016

The Neighbourhood, and Florida

So just a few days ago I was looking at some of my favorite band's songs on google when I decided to look at tour dates. They had recently been out of the country on their previous tour so I expected to see some foreign country or town, but first thing on there is Salt Lake City. I was so excited to see that The Neighbourhood would be here on May 13 but I figured I wouldn't get to go because my parents aren't huge fans of the Neighbourhood and neither are any of my friends. But to my surprise, I recieved a text from my mom yesterday morning that I didn't see until after school that she had purchased tickets for me to go see them. I'm honestly so excited because I have never seen them in concert and they have been my favorite band for quite a while now.
Image of The NBHD courtesy of Rock On Philly

I am overly ecstatic about this after reading reviews of their concert and honestly cannot wait. According to every review I have seen Jesse Rutherford (the lead singer) is very charismatic, loves interacting with the crowd and really knows how to make sure everyone enjoys the show. Also he supposedly has a great sense of humor and I just can't wait to experience this for real instead of just reading the reviews. Counting down, 28 days!

Next, I have been quite busy lately due to the fct that we are selling our house, so I have moved into a condo in Bear Hollow, but it's quite cozy and my room even has a gas fireplace! I was definitely not excited to move into the condo in the meantime until we move to our next destination but it's not as bad as I thought it would be. Now you may be wondering where our final destination is, and as it says in the title of this... my family is most likely moving to Florida. In February we went to Naples and Marco Island, and decided we really liked Marco Island and on the day I shadowed at the school I really enjoyed it. The teachers and students were very nice and welcoming and although I am sad to leave behind Park City, and as much as I will miss my friends here, I am very excited to start fresh for the next few years of high school.

So that's pretty much it, but just because I'm going to see The Neighbourhood very soon, here is a list of my favorite songs by them:

  1. West Coast
  2. $TING
  3. R.I.P. 2 My Youth
  4. Cry Baby
  5. Afraid
  6. Daddy Issues
  7. Wiped Out!
  8. Sweater Weather
  9. Single
  10. Wires
The genre or style of their music is alternative and I would still suggest listening to at least a few of their songs even if that isn't your favorite style of music because they are very talented. But anyways, that's it for this post. Sorry it's really random but hope you enjoyed!
~Ariel the hoodlum

P.S. a hoodlum is a strong supporter and fan of The NBHD, I'm not a thug...

No comments:

Post a Comment