Saturday, October 17, 2015

DIY Food #1 - Peach Raspberry Smoothie!

Hello! It's Ariel again, back with my first DIY project! I'm sure most everyone will enjoy this project, it's super easy, yummy, and healthy! For my first DIY I've decided to post about one of my favorite smoothies! This smoothie has many different ingredients including a lot of fruit and it's perfect for a snack or breakfast! You can substitute any other ingredients for the ones I've used if you would like!

Here is what you will need for your super yummy smoothie:
(I am not a sponsor of these products)
  1. Orange juice - you can replace orange juice with whatever type of juice you enjoy!
  2. Peaches - I am using fresh peaches that I have frozen in place of ice. For this smoothie the peaches can be frozen or fresh, whatever you'd like or can find. You can use nectarines for a similar taste if you are not able to get peaches.
  3. Raspberries - frozen or fresh will both work and if you do not have or like raspberries you can substitute strawberries in place of them.
  4. Honey - any type of honey. A great substitute for honey would be agave syrup.
  5. Plain yogurt - you can use any brand of yogurt. Another good flavor to compliment this smoothie would be peach yogurt.
  6. Ice, but only if you are not using any frozen products.






Now that I have all my ingredients I start by putting the fruit into the blender. If you are not using a frozen fruit you will also want to add ice. If your peaches are frozen I suggest cutting them into smaller chunks before putting them in the blender.

 Now that the fruit is in the blender you should add just a little orange juice. I usually do not measure, but just add a little. You can always add more, but you can't always take it away!













Next I added about 5 small drops of honey into the blender. The honey will help cut down the sourness of the raspberries but still allow the flavor to come through. It will also add just a little sweetness!

 Then after I add those ingredients I put in about 3 or 4 spoonfuls of my plain yogurt. This will give the smoothie a little more texture.

Make sure to put on the lid before you blend!

The finished product!
Now blend it until it is completely smooth and all the fruit is blended fully. It usually takes about a minute or so to blend depending on the blender you use! Now you have a super delicious, and healthy smoothie!











Hope you enjoyed the first DIY! If you like this recipe and are looking for some more types of smoothies you can check out this website! There are many more coming up soon! Thanks so much for stopping by, see you next time on DIY Anytime for another simple DIY project!

~Ariel

No comments:

Post a Comment